Thursday, April 14, 2011

Musings on Growth!

It’s interesting to see growth in your own life. I feel that as I’m getting older I can so easily see the ways God is working in my life personally and through me in the lives of others. This last year or so of my life has been a season of learning.  I think that we should always be learning and growing in every season of life, but this last year has been quite different.

This year I’ve experienced many joys, changes, losses, hurts, and situations in general that I’d never before experienced. I feel like this last year has been a “coming of age” for me in a spiritual sense. As I’ve experienced new losses and heartache in friendships God has so clearly reminded me that his grace is sufficient and that he is indeed the only filler for the lonely voids in my heart. It is shocking and heartbreaking to come to terms with the fact that you’ve abandoned your first love, but my gracious and loving God continued to actively pursue my heart until I was in a state of utter brokenness. The scales finally came off of my eyes and I was suddenly aware of the fact that I had made relationships an idol in my life. I had bought into the lie that having a romantic relationship or a strong core group of friends could somehow create true happiness, peace, and contentment in my heart. Without fully realizing it that lie took root in my heart and slowly consumed me, and I lost sight of my first and only true love. Thankfully my God is much bigger than any lie could EVER be! I was brought to a state of confusion, frustration, and loneliness in which he made it utterly obvious that I had nowhere left to turn except back into his strong and capable arms. This season of life has been full of role reversals and confusion, doubt and hope, fear and peace, and thankfully a brand new awareness of God’s strong pursuit of my heart. I have become smitten with the love of Jesus Christ, I have been made a new creation once again, and I have grown up a whole LOT! So, this blog is my attempt to keep track of my growth and to hopefully encourage fellow wanderers along the way. I pray that each one of us will have a continual sense of momentum in our daily walks and that we would truly have hearts awhirl with the majesty and love of our Jesus! So stay tuned and thanks a million for reading :) Have the most delightful Thursday ever!!!!

“Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].”
1 Corinthians 13:7

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I'm so glad God is moving in you so much! :DDD This was really encouraging for me to read. <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. role reversals indeed :)
    you're pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete